Captioned Telephones for People with Hearing Loss
Do you or someone you know have trouble hearing on the telephone? Don't miss another word. Start enjoying meaningful phone conversations again with CaptionCall! Its large, easy-to-read screen quickly displays written captions of what your callers say. That means you can get more from your conversations—and from life.
Click Here to download a voucher for a COMPLIMENTARY CaptionCall phone
- Easy to use
Large 7'' screen
Adjustable text sizes
- Touchscreen interface
Ability to save conversations
- Stores contacts easily
How CaptionCall Works
CaptionCall is similar to captioned television, but only available to people with hearing loss. It uses cutting-edge technology to display written, nearly instant captions. Here’s how it works:
1. The CaptionCall user presses the “Captions On” button to connect to captioning service.
2. The CaptionCall user hears the caller’s voice over a standard phone line.
3. The CaptionCall phone sends the caller’s voice to the CaptionCall service via an internet connection.
4. A communications assistant quickly converts the caller’s words to text using voice-recognition technology.
5. Captions are sent back to the CaptionCall phone display screen.
Who Needs CaptionCall?
Anyone who has trouble using the phone due to hearing loss is a good candidate for CaptionCall. Some people have difficulty hearing certain frequencies, such as a grandchild’s voice. Sometimes it is difficult to understand numbers and names. It can also be difficult to understand the conversation if the caller has a soft voice or the connection is bad. Whether you’re already experienced with hearing aid technology or you’re on the fence about starting the process toward better hearing, a CaptionCall phone can make a dramatic difference in your life. Contact us today to get started!